Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Headphones Help You Hear

Sometimes I really love to walk. You get a chance to observe and think relatively undistracted. Unlike most modes of transportation, you can walk and daydream at the same time minus a crosswalk incident. Not only can you daydream, it's easier for you listen and obtain information.

This morning, I was walking from the train and on my way to work. Headphones blaring tunes out of the MP3. It's the same music I have been listening to for a couple of months and I am bored with it. This happens often since I don't download a lot of music. However, once in awhile I reconnect on why I put some songs on there in the first place. When choosing music, rythyms and beats draw me initially;then the lyrics. Yet whenever I get bored it's the lyrics that bring me back to listening to a song and music overall.

Lyrics, sentences, words are powerful. They evoke imagery and emotion. If I am feeling it, my swagger turns on while I look down the street. If I am feeling it, I get brainstorms and try to troubleshoot my issues. If I am feeling it, good or bad, I get clarity. All thanks to well placed words sung by artists. I truly respect a songwriter who takes the time to bring their thoughts into fruition. It reminds me that I am not alone, even if I am by myself while listening to it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home